Hospital Medical Officers
Job no: 534155
Work type: Casual, Full time, Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Medical Professionals
Hospital Medical Officers
Full Time, Part Time & Casual Opportunities!
About the Role
Cairns Private Hospital currently has opportunities for Medical Officers interested in joining our existing pool of doctors and providing clinical management and care for a wide range of Hospital inpatients from CCU to a variety of specialties including cardiology, general medicine, orthopaedics, ENT, O&G, general surgery, urology and rehabilitation medicine.
The medical officer roster operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with 12 hour shifts available. These positions are well remunerated via an attractive hourly rate, + super, + Medicare billings (provider number required) and salary sacrificing. Pro-rata leave entitlements apply including reasonable conference expenses.
The Medical Officer is responsible for:
- Review of all inpatients as required and order investigations and reviews as deemed necessary
- Undergo comprehensive patient admission assessments in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive record of inpatient notes on patients conditions and plan of care
- Oversee and liaise with medical students according to hospital placements
- Assist with education of clinical staff
- Liaise and consult with VMOs on patient’s condition and care plans
- Provide effective first line management during medical emergencies and code situations
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- General Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum PGY3 +
- Competent in providing advanced life support measures including paediatric and neonatal resus
- Ability to obtain a Medicare provider number
Hourly rate range between $110.00 and $120.00, plus superannuation and pro-rata leave entitlements and Medicare Billings (provider number required).
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Cairns Private Hospital is in tropical Cairns, in far north Queensland.
The hospital is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Cairns Private Hospital is committed to the provision of first-class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area.
The company is strongly committed to further developing the already high-quality patient facilities and services at Cairns Private Hospital to meet the future health care needs of patients in the Cairns area. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity, please contact Benjamin Tooth, Chief Executive Officer at ToothB@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 26th May 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend