Rail Operations Clerk
Job no: 492829
Work type: Full time
Categories: Administration, Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
We have two fantastic opportunities for motivated Operations Clerks to join our Rail department. The successful applicants must be available to work day or night shift on a permanent or rotating roster.
About the role
Role Location: Harefield, NSW
Role Type: Full time
- Accurate and timely data entry of container arrival and releases into Maximas system
- Manage container stock via stock take reports generated at regular intervals
- Manage ‘status change’ function of containers as relevant
- Liaise with forklift operators via 2-way radio system to advise truck loading and unloading instructions
- Generate daily EDI logs and distribute to clients, shipping companies and internal departments as necessary
- Generate and distribute relevant reports as per client and management request
- Establish and sustain internal and external customer relationships
- Create and provide accurate client booking and release details as requested
- Courteous and efficient processing of drivers documentation
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following;
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant qualifications preferred but not essential
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a container control role of a large container park preferred
- Experience with shipping lines, stevedores, AQIS, ACS and import/export container documentation
Key Competencies / Skills
- Confident verbal and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Complying with all safe work practices
- Time management
- Access to QubeCare our employee wellbeing program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- A commitment to develop you to your full potential
- Competitive remuneration
You will be required to meet Qube employment criteria which involves a full functional pre-employment medical assessment and a CAT 3 Rail medical as a minimum standard and continue to hold this throughout employment (regular medicals required).
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Qube is proud to be a WORK180 endorsed Employer for Women. if you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here https://qube.com.au/.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend