||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues and senior management on marketing and business development projects. Direct and coordinate the marketing and public relations activities and lead proposal efforts from kick-off call to proposal submission.
Responsible and accountable for the vision, strategy, and execution of the Morrison Center’s brand and experience that attracts patrons and community members.
About the Morrison Center
Located on the campus of Boise State University, the 2,002-seat Velma V. Morrison Center for the Performing Arts is Idaho's home for the arts. Nestled on the banks of the Boise River, with a panoramic view of the city, parks and foothills, the Center's 10-story stage house is a recognizable fixture of the Capitol's picturesque skyline. The realization of a life-long dream of Harry W. Morrison, and championed by his widow, Velma, the Center opened its doors on April 7, 1984. Today the Center is recognized as a major destination for arts and culture, annually hosting hundreds of live entertainment and arts education offerings that serve to enrich the lives of patrons of all ages. As a Boise State affiliate, the Center’s budget is supported by ticket sales, facility rentals, donations and the generous support of the Morrison Center Endowment Foundation, Inc. The Center does not receive support from state appropriations. The latest economic impact study for the Morrison Center shows the generation of $27.9M in value to the local and state economy. For more information on our programs and history, please visit us at: www.MorrisonCenter.com
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures. Typically hold a Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
The Assoc. Director of Marketing Communications must:
- Along with the Director of Patron & Venue Services, develop and implement ticket sales, marketing strategies, meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Along with the Director of Patron & Venue Services, develop and implement integration of the Morrison Center brand in the community and University.
- Leads a team of marketing professionals to meet strategic goals.
- Develop and coordinate marketing plans with Broadway Across America (BAA) to promote Broadway in Boise series.
- Prepare marketing settlements for Broadway Across America.
- Prepare press releases, communication copy and advertising copy for the Morrison Center and individual events.
- Oversight in the creation of design elements, collateral materials, and digital marketing presence.
- Develop and coordinate marketing plans for MC Presents and education and community events.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive public relations program that builds cooperative relationships with representatives of the community, public interest groups, and the media to generate positive, professional name recognition for the specified department.
- Maintain a sound understanding of departmental and university policies, academic requirements, ability to navigate university channels.
- Provides value-added input on strategy, resources, teaming partners, and cross-selling opportunities.
- Travel to conferences may be required.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to sell ideas and motivate personnel.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle a variable workload and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, hardworking, dynamic, and takes initiative.
- Good knowledge of: editing skills with an eye for detail; web technologies.
- Experience: communicating efficiently, both verbally and in writing; collecting and analyzing data; strong understanding of social media-related platforms, Microsoft Office products, and marketing analytics.
- Experience with diverse marketing strategies to build audiences.
- The successful candidate will have a proven record of success in developing opportunities for promotional partnerships and collaborations with sponsors, media, and community organizations. They will have experience working with the press, including feature writers, critics, and news reporters.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing/advertising or equivalent and demonstrated professional experience, preferably in the performing arts or entertainment and events field.
|Salary and Benefits:
The starting salary is $60,000 and commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Resume and cover letter.