Integrated Marketing Communications is directly tasked with supporting the University's mission and strategic plan by building brand equity, elevating the University's national reputation, providing strong and consistent institutional message leadership, and implementing effective integrated marketing and communication strategies. The Administrative Assistant fulfills a central role in the daily operations of the department. The position provides critical support in the areas of administrative support, office administration, marketing, and project work flow processes.
- Administrative Support - Assist with daily office functions, phone & general reception support, calendar management and coordination, as well as credit card support.
- Operations Support - Provide backup assistance to the operations team with general purchasing support, and by being a People Soft requestor.
- Office Administration - Oversee supply inventory control and auditing, general office maintenance, mail receiving and coordination, filing and archiving, and special event/meeting coordination.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of office experience. Strong communications skills, detail-oriented, excellent writing and editing skills, strong personal presence when communicating by phone and email, able to work independently. Must be able to use Google Suite (Google Drive, Google Calendar, Gmail), MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Outlook. Proficiency with PC, Mac, Phone, Printers, Fax, Copiers, Media/Presentation Equipment.
Preferred: Proficiency with Google Docs, Quickbooks, 5pmWeb or Equivalent Project Management Systems, PeopleSoft, Asset Bank Image Archiving Software or Equivalent Systems.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.