Sydney OR Brisbane OR Melbourne;
- Join an Enterprise Testing team made up of supportive and highly experienced practitioners and leaders
- Utilise your experience in leading functional and non-functional test activities for a tribe on a large complex program
- Build and deliver the test plans for Quality solution
We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
Welcome to a place where you can chase real progress and drive real change. And that includes your own career. Being a part of Technology at Suncorp Group means being switched on, endlessly curious and always adaptable. In return, you’ll be supported to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge conventions – with the aim of making life a little brighter, simpler and better for our customers and each other.
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Tribe Quality Lead to build the Test Plans and deliver Quality product, for one of the largest projects Suncorp has embarked on.
You will be accountable for the successful delivery of all test phases for a Tribe by implementing Program Test strategy, build and deliver Test Plans, manage defects, Testing risk management for overall quality and timely delivery.
You will have previous experience within the financial services/insurance industry combined with a successful track record of working on projects of this size and complexity to embed significant change. You will be working with a variety of stakeholders including Program Test Director, Program environment manager, Test Leads, Automation architect, Engineering Quality Lead, external vendors and Business Owners to drive the quality delivery that align with the organisation’s goals and objectives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to really showcase your experience and make your mark at the start of this complex project.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and enforce quality standards, methods, and procedures within the tribe. Collaborate with Platform teams to identify and define quality metrics, goals, and benchmarks.
- Create and execute test plans to ensure the quality of new features and functionality scoped for the Tribe are delivered as per Quality standards. They will coordinate with the various platform teams to ensure adequate testing coverage and facilitate efficient testing processes.
- Work with the Program Automation lead to drive the implementation of automated testing solutions within the Tribe.
- Responsible for managing the defect tracking process. This includes identifying, documenting, and prioritizing defects, and working with the vendor/in-house teams to ensure timely resolution.
- Actively participate in retrospectives and identify areas for improvement in the quality assurance process. They will propose and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of testing activities.
- Provide guidance and support to team members on quality assurance best practices. They will ensure that the team has the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their testing responsibilities effectively.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders, Program Test Director including product owners and other members of the Platform teams, to provide updates on the status of testing activities and address any concerns or issues.
- Identify testing risks, conducting risk assessments, and developing risk mitigation strategies to minimize Tribe delivery risks.
- 5+ years in quality assurance or software testing, including leadership experience
- 2+ years working within Agile environments
- Must have previous experience within financial services
- Expert ability to manage stakeholder and vendor relationships and build trust to provide the reassurance that Quality will be key to changes planned for Tribe delivery
- Strong coordination experience is essential
- Familiarity of automation is beneficial
What we can offer you:
- Discounts and offers on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products.
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs.
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave.
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council.
About Suncorp Group:
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
For over 100 years Suncorp Group has been driven by our guiding Purpose – to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that Purpose, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves. With the backing and support of some of the most trusted names in banking and insurance, the Suncorp Group family provides our people with every opportunity to grow their career as they make a meaningful difference for our customers and our communities. We’re excited about what we can achieve together, working every day to be better, do more and realise the future we want to see just beyond the horizon.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time