Communications and Stakeholder Advisor
Job ID: 576036
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Melbourne, Epping
Categories: Marketing & Business Development, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Projects division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Rail. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Community & Stakeholder Advisor to join our O’Herns Project located at our Epping office.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Community & Stakeholder Advisor will promote best practice communications to external stakeholders and local communities. You will also:
- Develop and implement communications, media and marketing strategies across the project as well as develop external marketing and written communication materials
- Provide strategic advice and support to management on stakeholder issues
- Lead a rolling program of activities such as information sessions, website and social media updates to communicate issues and engage wider community
- Develop communication strategies designed to meet diverse communities
- Manage photography, time-lapse and project library records, including release approvals
- Manage the complaints process in line with contractual requirements
- Manage all contractual requirements relating to Community Relations
You will build strong relationships with your stakeholders, show initiative, be self -motivated with a can-do attitude. Other requirements include:
- Bachelor of Public Relations or equivalent communications qualification
- Solid experience in dealing with the Major Transport Authorities ie MRPV
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Experience in construction or maintenance industry
- Valid driver’s licence as you will be required to drive between various sites
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage assigned workload
- Be an effective team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office (excel and word)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time permanent role
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
- Based at our Epping office, with potential for flexibility
For more information contact: Jodie Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this email address as they will not be accepted.
We respectfully ask for no agency approaches.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time