About the role
The objective of the Solution Architect role is to design technology solutions that address business requirements within the context of the overall business strategy, and in alignment with VA’s technology standards.
The role is responsible for:
- Design end-to-end IT solutions, inclusive of estimating costs to build and operate.
- Provide guidance and governance over technology delivery teams to ensure systems are built in accordance with architectural standards.
- Advise stakeholders on the innovative use of technology to improve business performance.
- Pro-actively monitor and raise architectural risks and issues that may impact delivery.
- Design customer-centric IT solutions, compliant with VA’s technology standards and compliance requirements.
- Lead the solution from design through delivery, including presenting to stakeholders for information and governance purposes.
- Develop solution architecture artefacts in line with VA’s Architectural framework.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing solutions for projects, programs and/or initiatives.
- Extensive technical breadth gained through experience in multiple domain architecture disciplines, including business, application, infrastructure and information/data disciplines.
- Experience in designing solutions using modern Integration technology and methods.
- Extensive experience in project delivery teams that have successfully delivered business solutions.
- Advanced understanding of appropriate Solution Architecture frameworks to ensure effective structures and patterns are being utilised to meet business requirements.
- Knowledge of designing with SaaS, PaaS and Cloud/Hybrid environments in mind.
- Experience in delivering Core Systems that support Enterprise Capability.
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.