The objective of the Digital Product and Experience Manager is to bring our digital strategy to life by building features, products and experiences that our guests love.
The role leads a team to create joyful and seamless experiences for our guests, without exposing limitations. Their manifesto is to meet and exceed expectations of internal and external stakeholders leading digital product development and transformation projects for across our airline.
Collaboration is at the heart of all that you do, a goal can only be reached utilising the expertise and skills of others.
What you'll be doing:
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers.
What we're looking for:
- More than five years’ experience in a digital product leadership role, including leading agile projects and/or cross functional teams, ideally in the airline or travel industry
- Demonstrated success in managing technology vendors and contractors to deliver on time and on budget
- Thorough knowledge of web experience delivery technology, particularly content management systems
- Advocate for accessibility including thorough understanding of WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Proven track record in delivering digital experiences that create customer and/or business value
- Knowledge of platforms used by our squads including Confluence, Jira and Sharepoint
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), including content management and understanding of its technical capabilities
- Highly skilled in analytics and insight-generation, ideally with Adobe Analytics and Power BI
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
It's an exciting time to join the team, if you have the skills and experience to be a successful Digital Product and Experience Manager, we'd love for you to apply.