LEIGHTON ASIA, established in 1975, is a leading international construction company, delivers a portfolio of high-profile infrastructure projects throughout Asia, operations specialize in civil engineering and infrastructure, rail, roads and tunnels, as well as building works.
We are a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s largest leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. Our Group Principles are Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery. Safety is more than a Principle, it underpins everything we do.
As a leading construction provider, Leighton Asia is what it is today because of our people. Our people are the key asset driving the business. One of the Group’s highest priorities is to create a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for all our people.
We invite high-calibre candidates to fill the following position in the Philippines.
The South Commuter Railway Project alignment runs along the existing Philippines National Railway (PNR) right of way (ROW) and runs from Blumentritt in the north to Calamba in the south over 55.6km.
CP S–03b comprises a passenger interchange facility at FTI Station and Bicutan Station connected with the Metro Manila Subway Project (MMSP) Line at FTI and Bicutan stations Senate Station. Civil Engineering, Tunnel and Building Works for approximately 6.1km of Railway with 4.7km of Underground Railway and 1.4km of at-Grade Railway, including FTI Station and Tunnelling Works to connect to MMSP Senate Station. M&E installations in the Stations. The provision of Elevators and Escalators in the station buildings, fire alarm system, signage and other ancillary works are also part of the civil works packages.
The role is responsible for coordinating construction activities along with the site team and subcontractors; and overseeing compliance with all HSE requirements WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF completing the assigned tasks on time and as per defined quality standards.
- Prepare method statement with detailed sequenced activities for the assigned tasks in consultation with supervisor and subcontractor (if not self-performed).
- Prepare works programme and resource it (production rates, duration required for each itemed task, submissions, approvals, milestones, manpower, lead times, material and equipment) for the assigned tasks; Update the same as per changes in drawings and seek approval from superior
- Prepare a short term program with details and specifics, based on the master program; Seek approval from superior
- Complete the job hazard analysis (JHA) and risk assessment report for the assigned tasks in consultation with supervisor
- Understand the cost structure and help control cost by preparing a cost efficient plan (manpower and material); Allocate the costs correctly in the right structure
- Co-ordinate with the rest of the team right down to the foreman/subcontractor to ensure everyone is clear on the planning, scope, resource requirements and safety compliance for the works
Onsite works execution
- Coordinate with team members (Engineers/Assistant Engineers/Foreman) and subcontractors to ensure that scope of work/method statements are executed to the standards and project specification (Technical, HSE, Quality and Environmental).
- Ensure that the works are carried out on time in accordance with the programme and on budget.
- Guide and support subordinates in carrying out the tasks as planned; Seek support from and report to superior if required
- Assess subcontractor performance against plan and resolve issues collaboratively; Escalate major deviations/delays from plan to superior in a timely manner
- Conduct regular meetings to review and monitor the quality of the work, behavior (workers & supervisor), and adherence to the schedule of the program.
Adherence to HSE requirements
- Understand the HSE requirements based on LAIO internal framework, local regulations and contractual obligation; Communicate the same to subordinates and subcontractors
- Perform safety inspections in line with the approved JHA document; Educate and provide any support (e.g. Training) required to subordinates and subcontractors to ensure adherence to HSE requirements
- Report non-compliance issues to the superior; Take corrective action as directed
- Participate in safety walks with the team, as scheduled.
- Set objective goals, evaluate performance of subordinates and provide them regular feedback
- Identify performance gaps in subordinates and provide necessary support to close such gaps
- Recognize and encourage high performing subordinates
- Train and mentor subordinates on technical as well as behavioral aspects of their respective roles
- Provide opportunities to the team to develop their capabilities
- Resolve issues faced by subordinates and build team spirit.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Total work experience: 4 years in the capacity of an Engineer
- Exposure across diverse sections of construction
- Understanding of company and governmental regulations on safety and environment
Interested parties, please apply with full resume stating present and expected salary in your application. By submitting your personal data for recruitment purposes, Applicants understood and agreed that the Company may retain such personal data up to a period of two years for the recruitment of any suitable position within the Company.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful for the applied post.
For more information about Leighton Asia, please visit our Leighton Company Website.