LEIGHTON ASIA, established in 1975, is a leading international construction company, delivers a portfolio of high-profile infrastructure projects throughout Asia, operations specialize in civil engineering and infrastructure, rail, roads and tunnels, as well as building works.
We are a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s largest leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. Our Group Principles are Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery. Safety is more than a Principle, it underpins everything we do.
As a leading construction provider, Leighton Asia is what it is today because of our people. Our people are the key asset driving the business. One of the Group’s highest priorities is to create a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for all our people.
We invite high-calibre candidates to fill the following position in the Philippines.
The South Commuter Railway Project alignment runs along the existing Philippines National Railway (PNR) right of way (ROW) and runs from Blumentritt in the north to Calamba in the south over 55.6km.
CP S–03b comprises a passenger interchange facility at FTI Station and Bicutan Station connected with the Metro Manila Subway Project (MMSP) Line at FTI and Bicutan stations Senate Station. Civil Engineering, Tunnel and Building Works for approximately 6.1km of Railway with 4.7km of Underground Railway and 1.4km of at-Grade Railway, including FTI Station and Tunnelling Works to connect to MMSP Senate Station. M&E installations in the Stations. The provision of Elevators and Escalators in the station buildings, fire alarm system, signage and other ancillary works are also part of the civil works packages.
The role is responsible for monitoring operations and execution of engineering and design work; maintaining oversight on project progress and tracking on-site operations for adherence to design drawings; collaborating with IT team for procurement and renewal of licences; coordinating with CAD vendors for design related aspects WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF delivering high quality and timely engineering and design services to the organisation in line with Leighton’s standard operating procedures.
Design and engineering operations management
- Allocate design activities to team for projects.
- Provide input to Chartered Engineers and Engineers on design scheme.
- Engage with Engineers and provide input / insight on design drawings and calculations.
- Resolve design related queries.
- Verify design, review deliverables and provide sign-off; send deliverables to Head of Engineering for final approval.
Site operations coordination and monitoring
- Engage with Site Engineers, Design managers and Engineering managers for design requirements; gather input and discuss technical requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and guide team to execute design requests from sites.
- Visit sites for periodic inspection; check operations and execution for adherence with design drawings.
- Participate / guide team to participate in weekly meetings with site team, provide information about engineering and design aspects and present progress on scheduled works.
IT system management
- Track procurement of all IT software licenses
- Track software cycles and initiate the process for renewal of licenses, as required.
- Collaborate with IT group for flow of information and efficiency of licensing process.
CAD agency selection and management
- Liaise with third party agencies for CAD (computer aided design) work.
- Monitor operations, track timesheets and quality of deliverables.
- Provide initial sign-off on invoices and send to Head of Engineering for final approval.
Compliance review and monitoring
- Review all calculations for compliance with engineering principles and relevant design codes.
- Review all drawings for adherence with CAD standards and Leighton’s operating procedures.
- Guide team to file designs / drawings, maintain record of delivery and timesheets for development and delivery schedule.
- Guide team to resolve instances of non-compliances.
- Set objective goals, evaluate performance of subordinates and provide them regular feedback.
- Identify performance gaps in subordinates and provide necessary support to close such gaps.
- Recognise and encourage high performing subordinates.
- Train and mentor subordinates on technical as well as behavioural aspects of their respective roles
- Provide opportunities to the team to develop their capabilities.
- Resolve issues faced by subordinates.
- A Chartered Civil / Structural / Geotechnical Engineer
- Registered Professional Engineer (RPE)
- Have not less than 15 years' experience in the required field of expertise.
- Have not less than 5 years of experience within the railway environment
- Knowledge of geotechnical aspects of engineering and design
- Knowledge of project management
Interested parties, please apply with full resume stating present and expected salary in your application. By submitting your personal data for recruitment purposes, Applicants understood and agreed that the Company may retain such personal data up to a period of two years for the recruitment of any suitable position within the Company.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful for the applied post.
For more information about Leighton Asia, please visit our Leighton Company Website.