Clinical Lead Physiotherapist - Paediatrics
Tasmanian Health Service - North West Regional Hospital
To be Tasmanian is to pursue quality over quantity. We create, preserve, and protect the unusual. With quiet confidence, and with passion and perseverance, we pursue the extraordinary. Could you be Tasmanian?
You’ve invested in your leadership and your clinical skills so you can make an impression in your career, advancing the Paediatric Physiotherapy profession and improving the lives of the people you serve. You could put this skillset into practise anywhere.
What’s different about Tasmania is our culture and our lifestyle. You will be encouraged to be yourself, to learn, to grow and to develop meaning in your work. You will have a powerful connection to your patients, and the community will encourage your success. Our isolation helps drive a culture of invention and human connection, which feels both old fashioned and… like the only future worth pursuing. Here you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to breath-taking coastlines, National Parks or award-winning restaurants or bars. After a hard day at work, you don’t have to sit in a car or a train for an hour. You can decompress with a walk along your local beach or put on your boots and go tell it to a mountain.
We are small enough in Tasmania for you to shape and influence your work and make a real impact every day. Yet we are big enough for you to feel part of something important, somewhere you can belong and be surrounded by diversity, innovation, and friendships. Tasmanians are connected to the land where we live, and to the stories of the people who have cared for this place for tens of thousands of years.
Our Physiotherapy department works across the North West Regional and Mersey Community Hospitals. In this position, you will play a key leadership role in developing and delivering best practice inpatient and outpatient paediatric physiotherapy care, supporting other physiotherapists and our multi-disciplinary colleagues in this in this significant phase of the patient journey. You’ll be part of a team that cares deeply about providing best-practice care to fellow Tasmanians and over 1.3 million visitors every year.
For more information on becoming our Clinical Lead Physiotherapist for Paediatrics in North West Tasmania, or to learn more about what we can do for you (relocation, salary benefits, development opportunities, etc.) please email or phone David, our Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 6493 6250
If you need any more convincing about our beautiful home, here it is: North West Tasmania
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day worker position working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $116,616 to $124,147 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
- Please note that access to salaries beyond $115,819 is subject to qualifications and/or application to the personal upgrade scheme
- Salary range is in accordance with Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2022
What's on Offer?
- Flexible working hours to enable work/life balance
- Relocation allowance may be negotiated for successful interstate applicants
- Support for ongoing professional development including post graduate qualification allowance where applicable
- Subsidised car parking facilities
- Diverse career pathways including opportunities for secondment into higher duties and access to higher duties allowance
- Other employment conditions and allowances available under the Allied Health Agreement
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualification/program of study approved by the Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Registered with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Current Working with Children Registration
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- An active member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and a member of the Paediatric Physiotherapy Group
- Postgraduate tertiary qualifications relevant to this position and/or extensive experience working in this clinical area
- Current Driver’s Licence
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Position: Manager Physiotherapy Services
Phone: 0458 346 664
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.