Adjunct Assistant Director of Corporate Giving (12 Month Adjunct AP) - University Development
Job no: 492683
Work type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Development/Alumni Relations
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Community Giving, and working in conjunction with the Director of Corporate Giving, the Assistant Director of Corporate Giving is responsible for broadening the base of corporate and corporate foundation support, as well as raising corporate gifts for the University by managing a portfolio of corporations and corporate foundations.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to five years of experience in development, including making personal asks.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to develop and nurture positive relationships with corporations, community members, alumni, faculty, and staff of GVSU.
- Ability to work with and effectively manage volunteers.
- Well organized and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks successfully.
- Able to take initiative and be creative.
- Proven experience in writing compelling solicitation proposals.
- Must be highly motivated and committed to the goals of higher education.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel, and donor software.
- Computer literate, including database experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree.
- Higher education experience.
- Degree in non-profit administration, higher education, public relations, communications, or business.
- Experience with Millennium donor database.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manage portfolio of corporate and corporate foundation prospects, making personal calls and visits to identify new corporate donors as well as secure/increase corporate gifts.
- Work with Director of Corporate Giving in developing immediate and long-range plans for corporations that increase and sustain corporate giving growth.
- Develop and implement long-range strategies focused on increasing gifts through corporate donor acquisition, corporate donor retention, and upgrading corporate donor giving.
- Develop strategies and programming to engage corporations and corporate foundations in elevated giving opportunities.
- Prepare written solicitation proposals for corporations and corporate foundations.
- Build relationships with other university departments to coordinate annual corporate support for university priorities.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities for corporate volunteers across campus.
- Attend and participate in appropriate internal and external events to further develop relationships with corporations, alumni, and community members.
- Regular and regional travel, including some evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Department/Division: University Development
Campus: Grand Rapids
Application Deadline Date: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three reference. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, please phone Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend