Laboratory Supervisor - Padnos College of Engineering and Computing
Job no: 492782
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or completion of an apprenticeship/journeyman program, or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills and possess the ability to multitask in a fast-paced learning and teaching environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology (BSEET) and/or equivalent industrial experience is preferred along with a strong desire to work with students in a highly technical environment.
- The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and an ability to work in a collaborative environment with a diverse population of colleagues and students.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- The candidate should have experience with computer and electrical/electronic technology, including a strong electronics background with the ability to design, troubleshoot and build electronic circuits.
- The applicant will work with a clean room, robotics, energy & power, and vehicle systems laboratories. Knowledge of safety and security protocols in a laboratory or shop is preferred. Supervisory experience is preferred with the ability to train and supervise additional support staff comprising up to 12 undergraduate students.
- Supervisory experience is preferred with the ability to train and supervise additional support staff comprising up to 12 undergraduate students.
Responsibilities – Non-Essential Functions:
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Department/Division: Padnos College of Engineering and Computing and School of Engineering
Campus: Pew Campus
Application Deadline Date: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply: Applications accepted on-line only at jobs.gvsu.edu. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three references with name, address, phone and e-mail address. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend