Associate Director & Director of Clinical Services - University Counseling Center
Job no: 492840
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Student Services
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program and internship.
- Licensed (or be license eligible) as a psychologist in Michigan.
- Minimum of five years post-licensure experience in a university counseling center.
- Administrative and supervisory experience.
- Strong clinical, management, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to diversity and multicultural competence.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Seven years post-licensure experience and three years of administrative leadership experience.
- Experience in university counseling center administrative activities, supervision, training, and multicultural initiatives/projects.
- Experience in a counseling center providing an APA accredited psychology internship.
- Experience providing supervision and performance evaluation for professional staff members.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Development, revision, and maintenance of Center policies and procedures, including integration of relevant federal and state law, professional ethics codes, and International Association of Counseling Services (IACS) standards.
- Provide leadership and oversight for IACS accredited day-to-day clinical service operations.
- Point person for incoming clinical concerns and requests for records
- Consultation with Center psychiatric staff as needed for coordination of care.
- In conjunction with the administrative team, assume leadership in the absence of the Director.
- Provide performance evaluation, mentorship, and leadership to professional staff members coordinating clinical service areas.
- Provide culturally sensitive individual, group, and crisis intervention over a broad range of mental health concerns.
- Supervision to doctoral trainees and unlicensed post-doctoral staff.
- Participate in Student Services activities pertinent to student well-being, including serving on University committees
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Work hours are 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Salary: $82,000-85,113 commensurate with experience. There is an excellent fringe benefits package.
Department/Division: University Counseling Center, Division of Student Affairs. The Center is accredited by IACS and has an APA accredited doctoral internship in psychology. The Center is well integrated within the University and has strong supportive partnerships across campus. Center staff are innovative, multidisciplinary, collegial, and invested in training and working collaboratively to ensure quality delivery of services to a diverse student body. For additional information about the Center, please see http://www.gvsu.edu/counsel/.
Campus: Established in 1960, Grand Valley State University is a relatively new university with an enrollment of over 25,000. Committed to excellence, Grand Valley offers students personalized attention through relatively small classes and excellent student services. GVSU's main campus is located in Allendale which is about 12 miles west of Grand Rapids and 12 miles east of Lake Michigan with its beautiful beaches. The 1,237-acre campus includes both rolling hills to the west and deeply wooded ravines to the east. The city of Grand Rapids combines a diverse economy, strong public/parochial schools, outstanding cultural and recreational opportunities, and excellent health care to create a high quality of life for area residents.
Application Deadline Date: Review of applications will begin May 29, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. Preferred start date is August 7, 2018.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and vita. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend