Director TRIO Student Support Services - Student Academic Success Center
Job no: 492881
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: TRIO Programs
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s Degree in education, counseling, social work, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with TRiO or similar program
- Experience serving disadvantaged population in higher education setting
- Experience managing budgets and performing administrative responsibilities
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Computer skills
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Experience with grant writing and administration
- Experience hiring/training/and supervising staff
- Experience in program assessment and evaluation
- Preference will be given to applicants who have succeeded in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting the project’s target population.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Overall administration of services for the TRiO Student Support Services Grant.
- Manage yearly budget and authorize funds according to Department of Education regulations.
- Prepare and issue annual report on the progress of the program.
- Identify, recruit, and select qualified program participants.
- Supervise, training, and evaluate professional staff, graduate student-staff, and undergraduate student-staff.
- Serve as primary program advisor for TRiO – Student Support Services program students.
- Serve on university committees.
- Participate as full member of the Student Academic Success Center unit.
- Attend training and professional development sessions to stay current on Department of Education and TRiO Grant policies and procedures. Out of state travel required in some cases.
- Work closely with university offices including but not limited to: Admissions, Disability Support Resources, and Financial Aid.
Department/Division: Student Academic Success Center
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline Date: July 22, 2018
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend