Associate Director of Athletics - Athletics
Job no: 493129
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years’ experience with NCAA Division I or II rules compliance with specific knowledge of initial/continuing eligibility, financial aid, rules interpretations, waivers, reporting and enforcement.
- Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills being able to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking.
- Experience with technology and compliance systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with the demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and student-athletes that have a range of background, interests and perspectives.
- Master’s degree
- Over three years’ experience in athletic administration.
- NCAA coaching experience.
- This senior level position will report to the Director of Athletics and work closely with the Office of the Registrar and Financial Aid to ensure compliance with initial/continuing eligibility and financial aid regulations.
- Oversees the day to day aspects and provide leadership and oversight of NCAA Division II rules compliance.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a cross campus team to ensure all NCAA, GLIAC and institutional policies are followed, including but not limited to maintaining sound processes and procedures for monitoring, interpreting, educating, documenting, investigating of all institutional, NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Completes all NCAA reports (GRR/ASR/NCAA Financial Report) as well as the federal EADA report.
- Involvement with GLIAC conference and NCAA committees
- Opportunity for growth to include but not limited to sport supervision and other opportunities that fit with candidates experience and future goals
Salary: A comprehensive benefit package is included. Salary is commensurate with experience. 12-month contract.
Department/Division: Intercollegiate Athletics/Finance & Administration
Grand Valley State University is a member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and competes at the Division II level of the NCAA. Grand Valley is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employment institution. www.gvsulakers.com.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Please apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Please include a cover letter, resume, along with a list of three references. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, please phone Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend