Health Compliance Officer - Vice Provost for Health Office
Job no: 493145
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Vice Provost for Health
Summary: Grand Valley State University's Office of the Vice Provost for Health is accepting applications for a registered nurse with experience in quality improvement, or occupational health, to serve as the Health Compliance Officer. The Health Compliance Officer will lead the GVSU Health Compliance Program and develop and implement procedures to ensure students, faculty and staff meet health compliance requirements outlined in affiliation agreements
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in quality improvement
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of immunization guidelines for healthcare workers
- Experience in occupational health and/or risk management
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Leads the GVSU Health Compliance Program
- Develops and implements procedures to ensure students, faculty and staff meet health compliance requirements outlined in affiliation agreements.
- Manages compliance vendors including, but not limited to, oversight of system set up, maintenance of accurate cohort lists, issue resolution and tracking.
- Collaborates with health/health related programs to identify appropriate health compliance elements for faculty, staff and students.
- Provides education regarding health compliance requirements to faculty, staff and students, including attendance at orientation sessions and conducting office hours at various campus locations.
- Reviews and follows up on health compliance results as required.
- Performs annual review and updates for policies, procedures and training modules to ensure consistency with state and federal guidelines.
- Supervises assigned staff including oversight of work and performance evaluations
- Promotes professionalism, confidentiality, cooperation and good working relationships with faculty, staff, students and clinical practice sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree
Department/Division: Office of the Vice Provost for Health
Campus: Health Campus: Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences
Application Deadline Date: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend