About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, and premium leisure travelers. and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signaled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer-focused businesses.
The Fleet Engineer Structure Role:
The objective of the Fleet Engineer Structures role is to maintain continuing airworthiness through effective configuration control of aircraft structures for the operated fleet types, and initiate preventive or predictive maintenance strategies to improve aircraft technical dispatch reliability.
What you’ll need:
- Significant experience in an airline Technical Services Department or Maintenance Repair Organisation.
- Experience in the assessment of service documents (AD, SB, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to translate both Manufacturer and Regulatory requirements into clear and concise implementation instructions using Virgin Australia systems (i.e. TRAX, ECE/TraxDoc, ESR, etc) would also be an advantage.
- A degree in a related engineering discipline or relevant LAME qualifications.
- As a proactive member of the Technical Services team, you are expected to be self-sufficient and conduct your duties with reasonable independence.
Ready to spread your wings?
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register by applying via the link.
PD Fleet Engineer Structures (Rev July 21).pdf
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
"For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status."