Assistant Football Coach (Intern)
Job no: 492998
Work type: Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Assistant Football Coach (Intern). This is a part-time, 5-month reporting position. Under the general direction of the Head Football Coach, this coach will assist with the responsibilities of the NCAA D-III football program in accordance and compliance with NCAA, NCAC, and Kenyon College policies and regulations. The Intern Football Coach will work in conjunction with the head coach to fulfill the following responsibilities: coaching a position, recruiting, video and/or social media coordinator duties, and all other duties assigned by the head coach.
It is also expected that the Assistant Football Coach (Intern) embrace the department mission of fostering learning and developing community with a focus on the values of citizenship, competition, resiliency, sportsmanship, and teamwork within Kenyon’s unique campus culture. Successful candidates will be able to show a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their support for students from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, religious, and national backgrounds.
- Coach the offensive or defensive side of the football.
- Responsible for computer scouting, video exchange and upload, opponent breakdowns, and self-scouting.
- Coordinate social media for recruiting and outreach.
- Mentor student athletes.
- Evaluate talent and potential of both current and prospective students.
- Recruit academically and athletically strong applicants for admission in the selective, highly competitive application pool at Kenyon College utilizing ARMS software, including preparing promotional materials.
- Work in conjunction with athletic trainers to maintain student-athlete welfare.
- Stay up-to-date with sport and coaching best practices in order to provide opportunities for all involved in the program to become students of the game by sharing knowledge of the sport.
- Serve as a member of the Athletics, Fitness and Recreation team, responsible for providing leadership, goals, and program implementation at a fully residential campus housing 1800 undergraduate students.
- Develop and maintain mutually supportive and collaborative working relationships with student affairs colleagues, faculty, and other campus partners to accomplish shared objectives and tasks.
- Lead and assist with designated departmental, divisional, and/or College committees, initiatives and processes.
- Develop meaningful connections with students, staff and faculty by being available and visible on campus.
- Assist with special projects and duties, as needed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and compliance with the College’s and Department of Athletics, Fitness and Recreation policies and procedures as well as the North Coast Athletic Conference and NCAA constitutions, bylaws, legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Department of Athletics’ student-athlete handbook, and the Student Affairs and College’s mission statements.
- Collaborative mindset.
- Demonstrated support for students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to athletes as students.
- Directly supervise student workers on a daily basis.
- Hire, assign, train and supervise student workers (if responsible for game management).
- Some heavy lifting / moving equipment is required.
- The working schedule is not traditional nor regular: early morning, day, late evenings, weekends are required, as may be work during college breaks and summers.
- Travel for athletic contests, recruiting, coaches meetings and convention/caucus attendance is required.
- The ability to obtain College driver certification is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience at the Division III level preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire).
Kenyon College is a nationally prominent, private liberal arts college where academic excellence goes hand in hand with a strong sense of community and close relationships among students and professors.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend