Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Salary: $157,509 pro-rata, per annum.
Classification: Ambulance Manager Level 3 B
Award: Tasmanian Ambulance Service Award.
Period of Employment/Hours:
Permanent full-time day work (with on-call), working 76 hours per fortnight commencing ASAP. Please note that part-time hours may be considered by negotiation.
- Please also note that this process may be used to fill permanent, fixed-term and casual opportunities that arise in the near future.
Location: Community, Mental Health & Wellbeing - South.
- Ensure provision of a high standard of patient care to people located within the region and/or neighbouring regions as required.
- Be accountable for all financial, administrative, and operational functions and resources within the region in the provision of ambulance and non-emergency patient transport services according to AT and Department of Health (DoH) policy and relevant legislation.
- Establish consistent Statewide regional procedures and provide input to strategic planning.
- Monitor standards of performance, including ambulance response performance and quality assurance within the region.
- Provide reports and other information as required by the Director Operations, as well as responding to Ministerial and Departmental briefing requests in a timely manner.
Registered with the Paramedicine Board of Australia.
Holds a Bachelor of Paramedic Science or other qualification approved by the Service and relevant work experience with an additional qualification in management or equivalent.
Current Driver’s Licence.
*Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
e) Serious traffic offences
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in management or significant progress towards completion of a management qualification
Statement of Duties and Applicant Guide:
Generic Regional Manager MAN3B (September 2021) HR.pdf
Generic Regional Manager MAN3B (September 2021) HR.docx
Department of Health – Applicant Guide - PDF
Department of Health – Applicant Guide - Word
How to apply:
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply Now" button on this screen.
Applications will only be accepted online. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Please complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties and attach your resume. Please note that attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details for two referees before applying.
For further information contact:
Chief Executive - Ambulance Tasmania
Phone: (03) 6166 1953
The email account you provide when making job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details.
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.