$111,506 to $118,336 pro rata, per annum
The Clinical Nurse Consultant - Renal Vascular Access (CNC) provides clinical leadership and expertise within a multidisciplinary team located at the North West Renal Satellite Unit to improve the quality and continuity of care and support provided to clients.
Working in partnership with Consultant Nephrologists, Nurse Unit Manager, CNC Radiology team, Renal nursing staff and the multidisciplinary team to provide an autonomous nursing service using advanced clinical judgment and knowledge for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and haemodialysis (HD) patients.
The role of the CNC is to:
• Provide clinical leadership, and authoritative expertise in clinical care and
interventions, including knowledge and guidance for individual case
management, regarding renal vascular access for all referred patients.
• Work in collaboration with the LGH CNC - Renal Vascular Access to maintain a
single centre point of referral and co-ordination for all renal vascular access
creation, management, and education
• Develop and provide the delivery of patient care with respect to renal vascular
access surveillance, monitoring and management through promotion of quality
improvement activities, including staff competencies, audits, and data collection.
• Develop and support the delivery of patient and care giver education.
• Work in collaboration with the Nurse Unit Manager NW Renal and LGH CNC –
Renal Vascular Access, to ensure development of nursing practices are
consistent with the broader renal specialisation and addressing inconsistencies
between nursing practice and policy.