Join our dynamic Health Promotion team in making a positive impact on students' lives. We are looking for a detail-oriented professional who can keep multiple projects organized and moving forward while thriving as a member of a team. Join us in creating a campus environment that promotes students’ ability to Be Well, Feel Well, and Do Well at UConn!
Student Health and Wellness (SHaW) supports the optimal well-being of all UConn students by providing the highest quality compassionate care and exceptional health and wellness programs. SHaW’s Health Promotion (HP) team contributes to this mission by cultivating conditions that foster well-being, empower students, and dismantle systems of oppression that impact health.
The Program Assistant will support the Health Promotion team by developing administrative processes and systems for managing, tracking, and assessing educational content and programs and coordinating collaborative programs and events for SHaW. The Program Assistant will provide positive interactions with students and other stakeholders who utilize these services, maintaining the confidentiality of personal and/or health information whenever necessary. Finally, the Program Assistant will support marketing and communication efforts, including digital and social media systems that facilitate collaborative contributions to campus-wide communications.
SHaW is committed to diversity and inclusion, competence in working with culturally and ethnically diverse populations, and awareness of how issues of difference, power, and privilege manifest in higher education environments. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding, sensitivity toward, and appreciation for health equity, social justice, cultural humility, and inclusiveness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates program logistics and provides administrative support for a team of 5-6 program staff charged with providing effective wellness education initiatives to the UConn community.
- Serves as a resource to individuals and groups on matters relating to program activities, administrative policies, and procedures.
- Advises and assists program committees in the development, planning, budgeting, implementation, and marketing of various health and wellness programs.
- Documents program information, compiles data, and prepares accurate reports, as required.
- Organizes, archives, and maintains all content related to SHaW educational programs and communications with the campus community.
- Performs office management duties in processing administrative and financial paperwork.
- Reviews operating procedures for efficiency and effectiveness. Makes minor changes or recommends major changes or improvements.
- Designs, schedules, and produces informational and promotional materials including brochures, posters, advertising flyers, and newspaper advertisements.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two to three years of related work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience and strong skills in planning, organization, and management of administrative processes.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work with a variety of software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office suite).
- Familiarity with the higher education environment.
- Familiarity with collegiate health and wellness.
- Knowledge of university rules and regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effective communication skills with different stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience creating, designing, and editing communications in various media (e.g. print, social, web-based).
- Experience producing reports and analyses of data.
This is a full-time permanent positon. UConn offers competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497274 to upload four (4) required documents: 1) a resume, 2) a cover letter, 3) contact information for three (3) professional references, and 4) a diversity statement that explains your experience with and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Make sure to address in your resume and cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications and any of the preferred qualifications of the position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.