Symal Infrastructure (formerly Civilex) is the Symal Group’s infrastructure division. As a self-performing contractor, our reputation for delivering quality infrastructure outcomes, across diverse sectors, lays the foundation for success.
The objective of the Accounts Payable Officer is to:
- Provide accurate and efficient invoice management from point of cost incurred through to payment and subsequent reconciliation
- Build strong relationships with suppliers ensuring that open communication exists at all times
- Work closely with the Project Administrators and Managers to ensure invoices are captured, approved, and paid in an accurate and timely manner.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the accounts inbox and register all incoming invoices daily, checking OCR has captured invoices correctly and follow up on any issues
- Register invoices accurately into the correct division and job number or location. This includes correct invoice number, purchase order number, amount, and GST
- Manage visa cards including distribution of card statements, collecting of signed statements with supporting documentation, inputting into Jobpac and payment
- Process expenses for monthly debits such as Toyota Fleet and Citylink.
- Pay invoices within agreed supplier or subcontractor terms
- Ensure any credit notes issued are applied with the correct invoices
- Communicate with suppliers regarding timing of payments as and when required
- Process employee reimbursements, ensuring invoices are attached and approved by their manager
- Reconcile supplier statements monthly
- Search for missing invoices in the inbox or request from the supplier
- Advise missing invoices the Project Administrator. Project Administrator to advise timing of when missing invoice can be registered.
- Follow up with Project Administrators for any credit requests as per notes on invoice
- Complete credit applications in a timely manner, ensuring that both legal and procurement approve the credit application. Email supplier and requestor once completed.
- Set up new creditor accounts in Jobpac, ensuring all details have been supplied
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Three plus years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with end-to-end accounts payable
- Good numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft and Excel
- Experience in processing accounts payable, general ledger transactions and within the GST environment
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Experience in civil construction / general construction highly regarded
- Experience with Jobpac highly regarded.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.