Grampians Excavations Pty Ltd is a well established Stawell based company with over 22 years experience in the civil construction industry, providing general earthworks and services to a wide variety of customers. Grampians undertakes project works across Victoria with an office in Stawell and Spotswood, Melbourne.
The objective of a Project Engineer is to manage and coordinate projects efficiently, safely, and profitable, using the Grampians Excavations integrated management system, and perform contract administration.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Program management: manage all areas of the program under your control to ensure project delivery.
- Produce and monitor a three week look ahead target program
- Program is to be resourced with all plant and materials necessary to deliver the works
- Program is to be signed off from the Site Supervisor
- Program is to be reported to the Project Manager to ensure it ties in with the contractual program
- Program to be updated weekly
- Where dictated by the Project Manager, the Project Engineer is to undertake productivity tracking on critical activities
- Ensure the procurement program is maintained so that no procurement items cause delay in the program
- Ensure programs are set out to the Grampians Excavations standard
- Prepare procurement documentation to pass onto the Procurement Manager in line with the procurement program
- Monitor and assist the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer in meeting project dates and milestones.
Commercial: maximise profitability of projects and ensure projects are delivered in accordance with contract requirements.
- Ensure all procurement is delivered in accordance with the Grampians Excavations procurement procedure
- Assist the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer in preparing agreed project variations
- Ensure key productivity driven tasks are identified / monitored and tracked to ensure maximum efficiency
- Complete detailed cost to complete in Expert Estimation for component of works under the Project Engineer’s supervision each month
- Assist the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer in ensuring all progress claims are submitted in accordance with Grampians Excavations and contract requirements and processed in Jobpac
- Ensure purchase orders and subcontracts are completed and processed in line with Grampians Excavations procedures
- Manage certifications in preparation for the following months claim
Client relationship: build strong client relationships that position Grampians Excavations for repeat work.
- Ensure the Client’s expectations are met regarding the level of Project Engineer supervision required for the project
- Meet the Client’s expectations regarding their systems, processes, and reporting
- Attend all site meetings and take minutes
- Ensure attendance when critical activities are occurring
- Build the relationship with client superintendents through the quality process
OHS&E: manage site safety and environmental compliance on the project.
- Deliver projects safely in accordance with the Client’s systems and the Grampians Excavations safety program
- Demonstrate leadership in safety by being actively involved in:
- Toolboxes and prestart
- Safe work method statement development
- Managing high risk works
- Conduct safety audits onsite at least monthly
- Conduct safety walks at least weekly
- Identify high risk activities and work with OH&S Managers to develop detailed work method statements to control the risk in line with the Grampians Excavations safety program
- Ensure onsite presence during high risk activities including active involvement in toolbox and pre-starts as deemed necessary.
Quality: overall management of quality assurance across the project to ensure a high-quality project is delivered with minimal reworks
- Maintain all quality assurance inspection test plans and testing documentation as per contract requirements including ensuring all specification hold points are met and documented
- Ensure work method statements are written and followed to control all high risk items
- Capture all non-conformance reports including rework costs and systems are put in place to prevent re-occurrence
- Carry out inspection test plans on all processes
- Track all non-conformance reports
- Undertake dilapidation surveys on all projects prior to acceptance of site
- Manage drawing and request for information registers as required.
To be successful in this role, you must have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum 4 years relevant construction experience
- Have a sound understanding of typical construction specifications used in the Victorian construction industry
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering civil infrastructure projects
- Ability to mentor, train and support Junior Site Engineers
The ideal candidate will be excited knowing no day will be the same, enjoys a fast-paced environment, is career driven and looking to grow with, and contribute to the success of the business. In return, the incumbent will receive ongoing training and development to pave their ideal pathway which includes future opportunities to work across other business units.
If you can demonstrate your ability to undertake the above responsibilities we want to hear from you!
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.