Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earth works and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environmental management. Lead continual improvement of a high performing safety culture within the delivery team
- Manage the overall delivery of the project in accordance with internal processes
- Manage execution of engineering, procurement and construction activities
- Review progress against plans, contractual arrangements and delivery milestone to ensure they are on schedule and within quality and cost estimates
- Leading and managing teams of construction professionals including mentoring, training and performance management
The objective of a Project Manager is to manage and coordinate projects efficiently, safely, and profitable. To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- A proven track record in delivering infrastructure projects and leading teams with a successful outcome regarding the above KRAs
- Be able to effectively communicate in meetings with consultants, clients, management & on site personnel
- A proven record and understanding of HSE/QA compliance
- Experience in delivering infrastructure projects greater than $5 million in value
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!