Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager – Infrastructure, you will lead design management activities for a number of Symal Infrastructure projects in consultation with all project stakeholders to ensure that Symal’s design management process, standards of technical compliance, quality, cost, safety, sustainability and environmental performance as well as are observed and that time schedules are met. The Design Manager will ensure that all of Symal’s design, engineering and third party approval obligations are met in accordance with the project requirements. Projects include large scale road, large scale rail and other significant infrastructure works.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or similar with an extensive background in delivering complex design and construction projects within civil and/or rail.
- A demonstrated capacity to identify, manage and mitigate the key design risks of large scale infrastructure projects with well-developed leadership skills.
- Well-developed commercial, business, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Great communicator – written and verbal.
- Have a sound understanding of typical construction specifications used in the Victorian construction industry
- Good commercial acumen – proven expertise in establishment and governance of commercial contracts with a large number of design partners.
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancementOpportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!