Clinical Nurse Educator
Job no: 537733
Work type: Part time
Location: Ramsay Clinic Thirroul
Categories: Nursing - Registered, Other
Exciting New Opportunity!
Clinical Nurse Educator
Part-time (16 hours/week)
Ramsay Clinic Thirroul – Opening August 2022
Ramsay Clinic Thirroul is Australia’s first all-female mental health facility dedicated to the psychological and psychiatric consequences of trauma. Located in the former Lawrence Hargrave Private Hospital in Thirroul and opening in August 2022, the 43-bed facility will provide a range of inpatient and day patient programs, as well as onsite consulting suites for outpatient appointments.
We are currently seeking a dynamic clinical nurse educator to join our team.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent clinical and interpersonal skills to the facility. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities. You will also have:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA.
- Certificate IV in training and assessment, a willingness to obtain this.
- Clinical mental health experience in an inpatient setting.
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice.
- Experience as a clinical nurse educator, ideally in a mental health setting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated high degree of professionalism.
- Experience in trauma-informed care is highly desirable.
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and delivering an education plan for the provision of the highest standards in patient care.
- Facilitating department-based training and clinical competency assessments.
- Coordinating & overseeing student placements.
- Being an integral member of the clinical team orientating and educating new staff.
- Creating relationships with stakeholders for education and partnerships.
About the Organisation
Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s largest private hospital operator and is well-respected in the health care industry due to its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way - "People Caring for People" and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture. These features help to attract leading health care practitioners to work within our facilities.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Applications should include a cover letter, CV and 2 current work-related referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check prior to appointment and proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
All enquiries to:
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend