- Partner with the Bank to provide specialist operational risk support and advice
- 12 month fixed-term opportunity
- Flexible work culture - Sydney or Brisbane based
Being a part of the Operational Risk Team in second line of defence at Suncorp Group means being switched on, endlessly curious and always adaptable. In return, you’ll be supported to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge conventions.
As the Operational Risk Advisor you will drive and assist in the design, implementation and on-going maintenance of operational risk management methodology and practices by providing specialist support and advice to the Bank. Utilising a broad commercial focus and business acumen/knowledge you will play a lead role in the maturing of operational risk techniques and approaches across the Bank.
What you’ll do
- Supporting the embedding and ongoing development of the Group’s Risk Management and Compliance Frameworks.
- Promoting a culture within the Bank that establishes risk management as a foundation as to how the Bank operates (i.e. Driving a positive risk culture within the Bank) in line with the Banks approved risk appetite.
- Assist in the development of risk reporting and insights for senior risk and business stakeholders across Banking Portfolios.
- Assist CRO Bank leadership Team in the assessment of risks, identification and testing of relevant controls and obligations across CRO team.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement and implementation of the operational risk management framework, value chains, processes and systems.
- Contribute to the identification and mitigation of emerging risks (12 mths view) across the Bank by maintaining and understanding of relevant industry and regulatory developments.
- In conjunction with Bank stakeholders, assist in the identification, assessment, mitigation and monitoring of operational risks within the business and projects using a consistent operational risk management framework and approach.
- Conduct independent reviews of Bank risk profiles (for completeness, currency and consistency) and report findings to stakeholders.
- Conduct risk monitoring activities by analysing risk events, incidents, value chains, audit reports, due diligence reports, tracking key risk indicators, external events and emerging risks and through constant engagement with the Business.
- Proactively lead, coach and develop the capability of the Bank in the areas of the operational risk management framework and methodology to help the business improve their risk identification and management skill.
What you’ll need to bring
- Degree in business or risk related discipline (desired)
- Post Graduate qualifications well regarded
- 5 years of direct experience in operational risk management or business operations management in Banking and or, wealth management.
- Business Acumen
- Influencing & persuading (Advanced Level)
- Developing relationships (Advanced Level)
- Verbal & written communication (Skilled Level)
- Negotiation Skills (Advanced)
- Ability to challenge Subject Matter Experts
- Facilitation of Learning (Skilled Level)
- Analysis and Reporting (Advanced Level)
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary package
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program, Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, , Years of Service Recognition)
What you will love about working with us
Better outcomes for customers takes innovation, care and a laser focus. As part of Risk at Suncorp, you’ll be equipped with all kinds of support and opportunities to make an impact, because our commitment to brightening lives extends to all our incredible people too. And in an organisation that measures success through the results we deliver for our customers, communities and each other, you’ll thrive knowing you’re making a genuine difference along the way.
Chase the sun, apply online today.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time